Monday, February 24, 2014

Welcome to the El Salvador Blog! Letter from Trip Leader

Dear Parents, Young Life Committee Members, and Friends,

Welcome to the El Salvador 2014 Blog! We will be updating this every day while we are down there, sharing prayer requests, highlights from each day, and updates to how the team is doing. I hope you can live vicariously through the stories we share. We have been meeting as a team for over a month now, sharing stories with each other and building relationships within our group. I cannot wait to begin this adventure with these amazing young men and women.

For those of you who do not know, we will be spending our week in the suburbs of Popotlan and Apopa, San Salvador. Young Life has a team down there who is running a Young Life club, and our main project will be assisting them in some basic construction and clean up projects around their club site so that they can continue to reach El Salvadorian youth and tell them about Jesus. Apart from this project, we will be staying in a hotel together with the El Salvadorian Young Life Staff, growing closer as a team, and soaking in our surroundings! Of course, our trip will end with a fun day at the beach and a chance to debrief with stories, what we have taken away from the trip, and how we have grown close together in our own relationships.

I encourage you to read each one of our posts, and be praying for us along the way. I am excited for these students to just see how God is working all around the world. The following post will highlight each student on our team and how you can be praying for him/ her. God bless you all, I look forward to updating you soon!

In Christ,

Jeff Lehman
Staff Associate with Young Life College
University of Central Florida

No comments:

Post a Comment